4 medium size potatoes, cut into medium big chunks
1 cup red kidney beans, boiled
2 tbsp. oil
3 scallions, sliced
1 large red chilli, deseeded and sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sesame oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 tbsp. chilli sauce
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
Fresh cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- Boil the potatoes until they are just tender. Do not overcook them. Drain and cut into medium big chunks.
- If you are using canned kidney beans, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a preheated wok or large frying pan, stir-fry the scallions and chilli for about 1 minute, then add garlic and fry for another 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, stirring well, then the beans and finally add the sou sauce and sesame oil.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper powder and cook until they are well-mixed with seasoning. If you like it little hot, add chilli sauce at this point and mix well or you can leave this part.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped coriander or parsley. Serve hot.