Want to know more about Indian Cuisine, cooking terms, ingredients used in cooking, this links will surely help you..................
Indian cooking Made easy(Basic recipes)
How to make Paneer at home ?
How to make Khoya at home ?
How to make Ghee (Clarified Butter) at home ?
How to make Dahi (Yoghurt) at home ?
How to make Indian Tea?
Food measurement & Conversion
Description Of Indian Kitchenware
Glossary of Indian food & cooking terms
To know your food more, what vitamins/minerals they contain click here
Helpful Handy Tips in and around the kitchen/House:
- To remove oil stains from woollen clothes, apply a little curd over the area and wash it after some time. The stains will vanish
- Don't throw away eggshells. Crumble them finely and use them as a calcium supplement for your potted plants
- If you want quick relief from a cold, mix in a tbsp. little honey, little ginger juice, little lemon juice and a pinch of black pepper, follow it up with some warm water. Do this thrice a day and the cold will disappear in no time. This also works in children
- For tastier and fluffier omelettes, add a little gram flour while beating the eggs
- While boiling cracked eggs, add one teaspoon of vinegar to the water and the eggs will not leak
- If you feel there is some excess oil in fried vegetables, sprikle some gram flour over it. Gram flour absorbs the excess oil and makes vegetable more tastier
- To remove turmeric stains from plastic vessels, rub them with little gram flour(besan) before washing
- To remove rust strain from fabric : lay strained part of the fabric over few layers of paper towel(will act as a blotter and will absorb the rust). Rub fresh lemon juice over the strained area and set the fabric with paper towel in the sun to dry. The strain will disapper. Launder as usual.
- To remove Tea or Coffee strain from clothes, use Vinegar or Baking Soda. Mix 1 tablespoon vinegar in I big cup of water and spray on the strain. Rub and then wash and launder with your usual detergent Or Sprinkle 1 pinch of baking soda on the spot or strain.
- To remove butter, oil or ghee strain from clothes, drop little shampoo or dish washing liquid on the strain and launder as usual. Strain will vanish.
- To remove tomato ketchup strain from clothes, use normal detergent and cold water. If it is on white clothes, bleach can be used.
- To remove blood strain from clothes, rub with regular salt and cold water. If it is too dark, try with shampoo or Amonia solution.
- To remove wine strain from clothes, at first wash your cloth with regular detergent. Mix 2 tablespoon vinegar in 1 cup water and rub the spot with it. Then wash cloth again with regular detergent and wash in cold water and dry.
- To unclog your kitchen or bathroom sink, first pour 1/2 cup baking soda in the mouth of the sink. Then pour 1/2 cup white vinegar in the sink and close the mouth. Wait for 5-10 minutes, then pour 2-3 glasses of hot water in the sink. Blockage will be cleared in minutes.
- To remove the food smell from microwave, drop 2 pieces of lime in big bowl and warm it for 1 minute. Then let it cool inside the microwave. When you will take the bowl out, odour will vanish.