Monday, April 5, 2010

Announcing another Spotlight event, "Spotlight:Summer Foods & Drinks"

        April is my blog-o-versary month. 2 years back at the mid of the month I started this journey to this amazing world of blogging. So far, no idea how much I could contribute to this amazing world of sharing and learning, but I learned a lot for sure and above all I made so many good friends. So to mark this April, which is very special month to me, I thought to host an event. I started an event named "Spotlight" on August last year, first thought to do it frequently, but because of lack of time, couldn't make it. But now, it's perfect time for another "Spotlight".
        Summer is approaching us quite fast. In spring, it feels like summer. So, we have to be prepared for that from now on. During the warm and sultry days of summer, our appetites decrease and we don't feel like eating as much as we should. At the same time, it's also important to meet our daily nutrition requirements. In Summer, it's necessary to drink up lots of fluids and eat food that is nutritious and easy to digest. So, this month's Spotlight theme is "Summer foods & drinks".


The rules of the event :
1. Looking for  easily digestible and easy-to-make recipes for summer, anything form sorbet to ice cream, Simple soup and salad recipes, juices, smoothies, One pot meals for quick cooking, simple comfort food or whatever you love to prepare in Summer and share with me.
2. Post your recipe from now on till May 2nd, which is Sunday. i.e the deadline is May 2nd, 2010.
3. In your post, don't forget to link it to this announcement and feel free to add the logo which is made especially for this event. You can also send me posts from your archives, but make sure to repost it with the link to the event.  
4. No restriction to the number of entries.
5. Non-bloggers too can participate by sending their entries with recipe details and picture to my e-mail and I will add them in the round-up.
6. The entries sent to this event can be sent to other events.
7. You can send the entries to indranidh(at)gmail(dot)com, subjest as Spotlight : Summer Food & Drinks, with the following details,
Your name:
Blog name:Recipe name:Recipe URL:
Attach a photo of 300 pixels
wide
Send in your entries on or before May 2nd, 2010..round-up will be published the following week after the deadline. For further doubts or queries about the event, send me a mail to the above mentioned e-mail address.



So cook up your creative ideas and flood my mailbox with your beautiful intries...... looking forward to your support and contribution to make this event a success.

Here is the previous round-up of Spotlight : Fish



14 comments:

Suparna said...

sounds like a great theme Indrani :) and the timing is so perfect...I'd love to see the entries and the round up so that I could try the summer foods and drinks :)
Happy hosting
TC

Parita said...

Lovely and perfect timing!

sayantani said...

you are going to be our savious. when the mercury is rising so fast nothing could be more welcome than some refreshing light food. thanks a ton for thing this. and thanks for sharing your awards with me. love

Usha said...

Lovely idea ! I think I have something that will fit your theme...

Unknown said...

Indrani the theme is so interesting and i am sure everybody will wait for the round up with summer at its peak.will surely send something your way:)

Unknown said...

Indrani, khoob bhalo theme. surely will participate :)

Kamalika said...

dear will surely perticipate...u will be doing a wonderful job...

Anonymous said...

Nice theme... will send something for your event... I think I have at least one entry from my archives...

PranisKitchen said...

first time here..u have a wonderful space here.
nice theme.sure will send something.
the best time -best theme

Unknown said...

Subho Nabarsho..amar naba barsher post ta dekho..tomar event e perticipate korechhi..mail kore debo taratari....bhalo theko....

Panchpakwan said...

Sent my entry dear..Hope you have recived it.

Simplyfood said...

My 1st visit here you have a nice space.Sending my entry.

Hayley said...

First time here..lovely space!! nice event..sadly we are still waiting for reaching tem. around 20..:-((

sanyukta gour(bayes) said...

hey nice event....just started blogginf and first time here....i hv send u my entry..so visit my blog...
sanyukta gour(bayes)
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/


Appyayan's Fan Box

Appyayan on Facebook

My Followers

 

APPYAYAN | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates