Today I would love to share one of the easiest and delicious breakfast recipe that is loved in my household, even the kids love it...i.e. Chirer Pulao
Chire/Poha(flaked rice) : 100 gm.
Potato : 1 or 2 (medium)
Green peas : 1/2 cup (optional)
Onion : 1 (medium) (sliced)
Green chilli : 2 (blanched)
Ginger : 1" (blanched finely)
Turmeric : 1/2 tsp.
Sugar : 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil : 3 tbsp.
Poppy seeds : 1 tbsp.
Grondnuts/raw peanut : 25 gms.
coriander leaves for farnishing
How I make it :
- Wash the poha and drain all the water from it. There shouldn't be any water. Keep it aside.
- Fry raw peanuts in oil and set aside.
- Cut potatoes in small pieces and fry in oil until done. Set them aside. In the same oil, add poppy seeds and when it turns brown and the aroma comes out, add the onions. Fry them until brown, add ginger and green chillies. Stir for few more minutes. You can increase or decrease the chillies according to your taste.
- Now add potatoes and chire/poha to the onion and mix them finely. Add the fried peanuts, turmeric, sugar and season with salt. Give it a good stir for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot. This dish won't taste good when cold.