Last week, when I was visiting Soma's space(Ecurry), I saw she is hosting a great event : Hay Hay It's Donna Day where she chose Chicken and roasted capsicum pasta. I usually make my pasta with lots of vegetables , but never tried roasting the veges. This time I followed her way with few little additions as per the event rules, one can personalize a little.
Here is my version...............
Pasta of any type...I used Macaroni
Capsicum, Broccoli, corn & cherry tomatoes : 1/3 cup each
Paneer(Indian cottage cheese) or Tofu : 1/2 cup
Onion : 1(medium)
Garlic paste : 2 tblsp.
Tomato paste : 2 tblsp.
Black Pepper as per taste
Salt to taste
Oil : 2 tblsp.
Roasted Peanut : 1/3 cup
Dried Oregano & Thyme : 2 tsp. each
Fresh cilantro for garnishing
- Cook Macaroni or any type of pasta in salted water with a drizzle of oil(to avoild sticking pasta with one another) until done. Rinse under cold water, drain & keep aside.
- Cut capsicum lengthwise, broccolis in medium size pieces, and tomatoes in half. Sprinkle little salt and black pepper. I roasted them on a Tawa( flat pan). Spray little cooking oil on tawa and roast them in medium heat until brown and done.
- I fried the paneer pieces on tawa using little oil. Dry roast the peanuts and keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, add 2 tblsp. oil. Add sliced onion. Stir fry a little, then add garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes, then add cooked pasta, salt and black pepper to taste. Now add all the herbs, mix well with pasta.
- Then add Roasted veges, paneer and peanuts. Toss well and serve hot garnishing fresh cilantro over each plate.
So sending this most easiest and yummiest pasta dish to Soma for her event "Hay Hay It's Donna day where Bron is the facilitator.