Ingredients :Black chickpeas/chola/kala chana : 1 cup
Onion : 1(medium-chopped)
Green chilli : 2(chopped)
Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp.
Oil : 2 tblsp.
Chilli powder : 1-2 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Soak chickpeas overnight if possible, or for 3-4 hours in hot water. WHen soaked totally, remove and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, temper with mustard seeds. When seeds start to crackle, add chopped green chillies and finely chopped onions. Fry until onions turn light brown, then add Black chickpeas.
- Stir and mix with onions. Turn the heat to medium. Keep stirring them continuously for another 10 minutes. The key for this snack is in the frying.
- After frying for 10 minutes in medium heat, you will find chickpeas became soft and cooked from inside.
- Enjoy this yummy snack with tea or coffee, but consume immediately. Do not store them.
Fried black chick peas is going to take part on MLLA:18, guest hosted by Srivalli and the creator of this event is Susan of The well-seasoned Cook.
Reposted Recipe :Masala Peanuts
Sending these 3 yummy tea time snacks to EC of Simple Indian Food for her event WYF : Tea Time Snack