Health benefits of Yoghurt :
- Yoghurt is dairy product which is rich in Potassium, calcium, protein and B vitamins(B12). It is a great source of Calcium for lactose intolerant people, as there is very little lactose present in it and instead it contains the digestive enzyme, lactas.
- The most outstanding benefit of yogurt comes right from the unique way yogurt is made. Yoghurt is simply milk or cream that is cultured with active live cultures. These cultures are the key to many of yoghurt’s health benefits. Active live cultures are basically good bacteria that are necessary for the body to function at its best. These good bacteria prevent the growth of harmful bacteria that cause bacterial infections and diseases. Healthy levels of good bacteria also promote digestive health and boost the immune system. Good bacteria prevent imbalances in the body’s yeast levels, which can prevent various types of yeast infections. It has been shown that good bacteria can also prevent urinary tract infections. If you are taking antibiotics, they may be destroying the good bacteria present in your body. Eating yoghurt regularly can help restore your good bacteria levels. Active live cultures actually reduce yoghurt’s level of lactose, making yoghurt a delicious dairy alternative for anyone who is lactose intolerant.
- Yoghurt Strengthens and stabilizes the immune system.
- Yogurt Lowers LDL, Raises HDL Cholesterol
- Calcium rich yoghurt signifivantly increases body fat loss, boost the body's ability to build bone, helps prevent and heal Arthritis
- For Fresh Breath and a Healthy Mouth, Eat Yogurt
Now, this week I made my lassi adding some fresh oranges.
Lassi is a popular and traditional Indian yoghurt based drink. It is made by blending yoghurt with water or milk and Indian spices. Traditional lassi is sometimes flavored with ground roasted cumin. Sweet lassi, blended with sugar or fruits instead of spices, is also very popular.
Ingredients : (yields 3-4 servings)
Yoghurt : 2 cups
Orange : 1 (deseeded and chopped)
Water : 3/4 cup
Pistachio nuts: 6-7
Sugar : 3-4 tblsp.
Salt : a pinch
Saffron strands : few
- In a blender, take all the ingredients and blend until frothy.
- To serve, pour over crushed ice and sprinkle some saffron strands over it to decorate.