Home Remedies for cold :
- Mix 1/2 a tsp. of honey, 1/4 tsp. ginger juice, 1/4 tsp. lime juice and a small pinch of black pepper in a big spoon. This is one serving. Give your kids the same at least 3-4 times a day.
- Oil massage : I also rub their chest, back, under the feet and palm with some hot oil. In a bowl, take little oil, add some black cumin seeds(kalonji) and crushed garlic, warm up the oil and rub on for 5-10 minutes, but the oil should be warm, don't use cold oil. Then cover their body with warm clothes. I normally do this before going to bed. This oil massage keeps the chest totally mucus free.
Home remedies for cough :
- Mix 1/2 tsp. of honey and 1/2 tsp. juice of Tulsi(Basil) leaves in a big spoon. Warm up a little over the gas stove and give this to your kids 3-4 times a day.
- In a big pan, boil some water with 4-5 cloves of crushed garlic bulbs. When cool in room temperature, filter the water and give it to your kid at least 3 times a day. A little sugar can be added.
For Dry cough :
- Mix 1/2 tsp. ginger juice and 1/2 tsp. lime juice and drink it. It really works.
Sending this home remedies to Ruchika Cooks who is hosting this month's Home Remedies : Series II, event started by A2Z Vegetarian Cuisine