Green Mango Chutney
Mango, a such fruit which is loved by everyone, I think and it is my favorite fruit. In summer, people of India, cannot think of any other fruit than Mango. Mango is rich in Fiber and Carbohydrates and it has also antioxidants. According to Wiki, even Green Mango has lots of essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, Folate, Thiamin, Vitamin A, Iron, potassium, magnesium etc.
Green Mango: 2 medium
Mustard seed : 1 tsp.
Turmeric : 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp.
Sugar : 4 tbsp.
Cumin seed : 1tsp. (roasted)
Methods to cook :
- In hot oil, add mustard seeds and wait them to splutter. Then add mango pieces, salt and turmeric. Stir well for few minutes and pour water to cook.
- When the mangoes are half cooked, add sugar according to your taste as mango chutney should be little sweet and sour.
- Mix the sugar well and in slow heat, let it cook for some more time until the mangoes are tender.
- Roast cumin seeds until light brown and grind them in powder. Garnish over mango chutney.
- Your delicious Mango chutney is ready. Serve in room temperature or cold.
Note : In the above picture, I didn't garnish with cumin seeds. But it tastes better with roasted cumin seeds. Try it out..............