Monday, May 5, 2008

Tomato Mutton

Another Friday leisurely dinner !!!!!!!!!
This friday I had appetite for something rich and spicy......So when I opened my freezer my eyes were on my non-veg shelf. I found a block of Mutton......I decided for Tomato Mutton which I havn´t made for long time , with plain rice and to accompany with it Green Mango Chutney.......Wasn´t it a good choice, try it out some time........

Tomato Mutton
Ingredients :

Mutton 500 gms.
5-6 medium tomatoes, chopped
2-3 onions, finely chopped
A small piece of ginger (11/2")
4-5 garlic cloves
2-3 red chilies
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1/2 tsp. pepper corns
1 tsp. Vinegar
Salt to taste
Oil or ghee

Methods to cook :

  • Cut mutton pieces in 1small cubelike pieces. I always cut mutton in small pieces as it gets cooked fast and tastes better.
  • Mix together ginger, garlic, red chilies, cumin seeds, pepper corns in a mixer and blend to a fine powder. Marinate mutton pieces with this mixture, little salt and vinegar and keep aside for at least 1 hour.
  • In a wok or frying pan, pour oil or ghee and add the onions and fry them until brown. Then add chopped tomatoes and stir them until it gets mussy and mixes finely with onions. Add marinated mutton, salt and stir well until oil seperates the spices.
  • Pour some water to it and cook until the mutton pieces are tender. Remove from heat and Serve hot.
Serve with Paratha, Roti, Plain rice or Pulao. Serve with a tomato-cucumber-onion salad.

Note : When you fry onions, add little sugar after it turns brown to get a nice colour in the gravy.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Recipes for bbq said...

Nice blog ! Finally I came across such a info on recipe of dish I love to eat but never tried to cook by my self and rather ordering from restaurants but now I will surely try this in my kitchen.


Appyayan's Fan Box

Appyayan on Facebook

My Followers

 

APPYAYAN | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates