MERA BHARAT MAHAN..........MY INDIA IS GREAT
August 15, 1947 is the birthday of our independent Country, India. At midnight, on August 15, 1947, India strode to freedom with shouting of "Jai Hind" (i.e. Long Live India), when Nehru delivered a memorable and moving speech on India's "tryst with destiny"..........
"Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge...At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom. A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance"
-- Jawaharlal Nehru Claiming Independence from British at Midnight of August 14, 1947
She is now 61 years old. It's a day of freedom from the British rule, 15th August is celebrated in India as Independence Day. Indians celebrate this day to pay homage to the brave patriots. The celebration begins in the morning with unfurling of Indian flag at Red Fort, New Delhi.
In almost all the schools and colleges around the country,no academic work in done on this day, as all the students and teachers gather together for the flag hoisting ceremony and pay homage to the great men who sacrified their life to free India from British rule. I am so proud of my country...........
Saare Jaahan Se Achcha
Happy Independence day to all the Indians who live in India and all over the world. To celebrate the mood of 61st b´day and to convey my tribute to our great great country, I made a tri-coloured Indian flag with vegetables. This is my submission for Pooja´s (My creative Ideas) theme of the week contest (Independence day). These vegetables are the ingredients for the following recipe....
Carrot : 1 cup (cut in 1" pieces)
Green beans : 1 cup (cut in 1" pieces)
Firm Tofu : 1 block (cut in small cubes)
Green & Yellow bell pepper : 1 cup
Onion : 1 (medium) (cut in thin slices)
Garlic paste: 1 tsp.
Fresh red/green chilli : 1 tbsp.(cut in small pieces)
Sesame oil : 2-3 tbsp.
Soy sauce : 1 tsp.
Black pepper powder : 1 tsp.
Salt to season
Roasted sesame seeds : 1/2 cup
Fresh coriander leaves : 1/4 cup (optional)
Methods to make :
- Cut a whole block of Tofu in small cube size pieces and put little salt and black pepper over it. Then fry them in deep oil until light golden brown. Soak on a paper towel.
- Now it´s turn for the vegetables. In the same pan, fry the vegetables one at a time like first carrots, then green beans, then bell peppers and at the end fry red beets.
- On a paper towel, soak the excess oil from the vegetables.
- In a frying pan, pour sesame oil/vegetable oil, add onions and when they turn light brown, add garlic paste, chillies and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add soy sauce and add all vegetables except red beet. Season with salt and black pepper. Now add red beet and mix all the vegetables finely.
- Finally add coriander leaves.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds.