Ingredients I used :
Carrot : 2(thinly sliced-long)
Cabbage : 1/2 head ( thinly sliced)
Spinach : few leaves
Corn : 1/2 cup
Apple : 1 (thinly sliced-long)
Orange : (cubed- medium chunks)
Watermelon : (cubed-medium chunks)
Dates : 4-5 ( chopped)
Almond : 10 (chopped)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
For the dressing :
5 tblsp. coconut milk powder or coconut milk
1-2 tblsp. sugar
2 tblsp. boiling water
1/2 -1 tsp. hot chilli sauce or tabasco sauce (as per your own taste)
juice of 1/2 lime
Fresh red chilli :1(sliced)
- Cut carrot and cabbage in thin, long slices. Chop Spinach in big chunks.
- Cut apples in thin,long slices. Cut oranges and watermelon in cube like pieces.
- Microwave cabbage, spinach and corn(if using frozen one) in High for 4-5 minutes or until cabbage is little tender.
- Mix all the fruits and veges in one big bowl. Add salt and black pepper.
- To prepare the dressing, If using coconut milk powder, add boiling water to the powder and stir to make a creamy milk. It shouldn't be too watery, but creamy. adjust the water accordingly. Mix all other ingredients according to your taste in the coconut milk. Your dressing is done.
- Serve the salad on a plate and just before eating, drop spoonful of dressing on it. Enjoy the crunchiness of carrots, cabbage, apples and almonds in one spoon. You will love it for sure.
Sending this lovely salad to LG of taste of Mysore, who is hosting an event, SWC-Salad under 15 minutes. I can't tell you the exact time LG, but it took me roughly 10-12 minutes. Guten Appetit!!, as Germans will say.
Also sending this Thai salad recipe to DK of culinary bazaar who is hosting AWED : Thai this month.