Carrot : 1/2 cup
Capsicum : 1/2 cup (all colours)
Green beans : 1/4 cup
Onion : 1(small)
Ginger : 1/2 inch
Green chillies : 1 or 2
Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup(chopped)
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp.
Curry Leaves : 5-6 nos.
Urad dal : 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Cut all vegetables in very small pieces. Blanch ginger and green chillies. If your child can't tolerate green chillies, avoid it.
- In a pan, heat oil. Temper with curry leaves,mustard seeds and urad dal, when seeds start to crackle, pour it in the idli batter. In the same pan, add ginger and green chillies and all the vegetables, fry for 2-3 minutes with a pinch of salt and add them too in the batter.
- Lastly add coriander leaves and onions and mix the batter with a spoon vigorously for a minute or two.
- Your idli batter is ready. Mow grease your idli stand, pour the batter on each mould and steam in the idli cooker.
- Serve them with hot sambar.