Eggs : 2-4
Potatoes : 2 (medium)
Onion : 1(big)
Ginger : 1"
Garlic : 4 cloves (medium)
Tomato : 1 (medium)
Green chilli : 1
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder : 2 tsp(as per taste)
Cumin powder : 1 tsp.
Coriander powder : 1/2 tsp.
Bay leaf :1
Cardamom & cloves : 3 of each(coarsely crushed)
Cinnamon : 1 (1" stick)(coarsely crushed)
Garam masala powder : 1 tsp.(powder mixture of cinnamon, cardamom & cloves)
*Mustard Oil : 4 tbsp.
Ghee : 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Sugar : 1/4 tsp.
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil eggs for 10-12 minutes or the eggs get hard-boiled. Cut the potatoes in big chunks and boil them until half done. Keep aside.
- Make 2 to 3 slits with a sharp knife on boiled eggs. Apply little salt and turmeric powder on boiled eggs and potatoes. Fry them golden brown seperately and keep aside.
- Other prep. :Make a masala paste of turmeric, chilli, cumin and coriander powder in 3 tbsp. water. Slice onion very thin, make a paste of ginger-garlic-green chilli and chop the tomato.
- Now for the curry, heat a pan with rest of the oil, add the sugar and heat until sugar starts to turn light brown. Then add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom & cloves and then add sliced onions, fry them until golden. Then add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and fry them on a minute or two. Then add masala paste and stir for another 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and fry until oil seperates. Now throw fried potatoes and mix well with the masala. Add salt and about 1 cup of water ( **see note below). Add fried eggs and close the lid. Simmer and let it cook until potat oes are done. Check the seasoning.
** Note : The gravy for this preperation can be thick or semi-thick. Adjust the water as per your need.
- When potaoes are done, sprinkle garam masala powder and ghee over the curry. wait for a minute and remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot and enjoy.............................
Did I tell you, I made this egg curry with Bengali pulao on the V'day for my hubby dear, as he wanted a very simple lunch And he is an absolute egg-lover. As I made this curry with lotssssssssssss of love, so sending this to Priyanka's fun event "Cooking with Luv for Luv" .
Also sending this post to Alka of Sindhi Rasoi who is hosting an fun event "Just for You"
And to Siri who is hosting a nice event "Recipes for rest of us : Dinner" which is initiated by Ramki Of One page cookbook.
My dear freind Arundhuti of Gourmet Affair has passed me this Lemonade Award....Thanks, Arundhuti..thanks for thinking of me.
I am passing this award to these truly deserved blooger freinds,
to Sharmila, Soma, Sowmya, LG , Priyanka and Priya