Consuming Paneer or cottage cheese(as it contains the milk fat/saturated fat) in daily basis is not a healthy option for adults as well as children, but once or twice a week is not bad at all. It's a great source of calcium and protein.
Paneer or firm Tofu : 50 gms.
Carrot : 1/3 cup (chopped)
Capsicum : 1/3 cup(chopped)
Corn : 1/4 cup
Onions : 1 (small-chopped)
Green chilli : 1 (chopped)
Tomato : 1 (small-chopped)
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil : 2 tblsp.
Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
(use vegetable of your choice like, cauliflower, potato, peas etc.)
- Crumble the paneer or tofu finely with hand and keep aside. Heat 1 tblsp. oil in a pan, add chopped up vegetables and in low flame fry until done with a pinch of salt added. keep them aside.
- In the same pan, heat rest of the oil, add chopped onions, fry until they turn light brown, then add chopped green chillies and tomatoes. Fry until tomatoes softens, now add crumbled paneer or tofu and fried veges. Stir to mix all the ingredients, add turmeric and red chilli powder and season with salt. Mix well and stir for another minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Mix well. It's ready to serve.
To assemble the Sandwich.........
- Take a focaccia or any other bread, toast it, apply a layer of butter or margarine.
- Then lay few lettuce leaves. Over that lay a thin layer of paneer bhurji filling, then add some cucumber and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle little black pepper powder and give a big bite.......................
Sending this yummy sandwich to Me and My Kitchen
who is hosting an event named EFM: Breakfast Series
Also on the way to Divya's photo event- Show me your Breakfast