If you want to know some facts, nutritional properties and health benefits of cauliflower, then go to Paajaka recipes by Mythreyee, who is hosting JFI:Cauliflower this month.
Cauliflower : 1
Potato : 2
Green Peas : 1/2 cup
Onion : 1 (medium-grated)
Ginger : 1 tsp.(minced)
Garlic : 3 cloves(minced)
Green chillies : 2
Tomato : 1 (medium-chopped)
Turmeric powder : 2 tsp.
Chilli powder : 2 tsp.
Cumin powder : 1 tsp.
Coriander powder : 1 tsp.
Poppy seeds : 2 tsp.
Cashew nuts : 8-9 (broken into pieces)
Curd/yoghurt : 1/2 cup
Oil : 3-4 tblsp.
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cut the cauliflower in big florets. Take salted water in a bowl and soak the cauliflower pieces for 1/2 an hour. Drain and keep them aside. Cut the potatoes in medium size pieces and boil them. Keep them aside.
- Grind poppy seeds and cashew nuts into a paste in a coffee grinder. Make a smooth paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Heat Oil in a pan, sprinkle little salt and turmeric powder over the cauliflower pieces and fry until they are golden brown. take them out and in the same oil, add onions and fry till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes. Dilute turmeric, chilli(add according to your taste), cumin and coriander powder with 3 tblsp. water and add into the paste. Stir and cook till tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add little yoghurt time to time and blend well with the masalas until whole yoghurt is used. Stir fry till oil shows seperately. Add cauliflower and potatoes. Fry for about 2-3 minutes turning on all sides to coat the masala well.
- Lastly add poppy seed paste and mix well with the masala. Add green peas now. Add 1/2 cup water to make a thick gravy. Check the seasoning and cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. When the gravy thickens, take it out of heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Sending this yummylicious dish to Mythreyee of Paajaka Recipes who is hosting JFI : Cauliflower this month, which is originally started by Indira of Mahanadi.
Also sending this masala gobi to Siri's event "Recipe for rest of us : Dinner" , which is initiated by Ramki of One page Cookbook.