Whole chicken : 700-800 gms.
Potato : 2 (medium)
Onion : 3 (medium)
Ginger-garlic paste : 3 tblsp.(tablespoon)
Tomato : 2 (medium)
Green Chilli : 2-3 nos.
Turmeric powder : 3 tsp.(teaspoon)
Coriander Powder : 3 tsp.
Red Chilli powder : 2-3 tsp.( as per taste)
Yoghurt : 1/2 cup
Cardamom : 4 nos.
Cinnamon stick : 2 (1")
Cloves : 4 nos.
Bay leaves : 2
Salt to taste
White/canola/Mustard oil : 3 tblsp.
- Cut the potatoes in big chunks. Slice the onions into thin slices. Make a smooth paste of ginger and garlic and green chillies. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Clean the whole chicken and cut into desired sized pieces. Place in a big bowl. Add sliced onion, tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, yoghurt, salt and all powdered spices and 1 tblsp. oil. Mix all the ingredients with chicken with your hand squeezing onions and tomatoes as much as possible for 5-7 minutes. Marinate it for at least 1/2 an hour or more.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the potato pieces light brown with little salt and turmeric and set aside. In the same oil, put bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom & cloves. When you get the flavour, add marinated chicken and cook in medium flame stirring it occasionally for about 12-15 minutes.
- When oil seperates from the masala, add the potatoes and mix well with the chicken. Now add about 1 cup hot water. Check the seasoning, cover the lid and let it cook in medium flame until chicken gets tender.
- Take the pan out of flame when you have your desired gravy and serve hot with plain rice, pulao or chapati, paratha.
Isn't it easy, breezy..................try it and let me know if you liked it or not.