Today I'll share a simply delicious chutney recipe with you........i.e.
Tomato & Green mango chutney
Tomato(medium) : 2
Green Mango : 1
Sugar : 1/3 cup
Dry red chilli : 1 (broken into 2)
Panch phoron : 1 tsp.(mixture of cumin, black cumin, fenugreek, mustard & fennel seed-mix all in similar quantity)
Oil : 1 tblsp.
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Salt : a pinch
- Cut tomatoes in medium size chunks. Cut green mangoes around the seed an dtake out the flesh, then cut in cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan, season with dey red chilli and panch phoron, when seeds and chillies turn dark brown and you get the aroma, throw all cubed tomatoes and green mangoes. Add little salt and turmeric. stir together for a minute or two.
- Add about 1 cup of water now and add sugar as per your taste, like if you want your chutney to be little soury, then add less sugar. This chutney is kind of sweet-sour, so add sugar according to it. SO don't add whole sugar at a time, first add, mix, then taste, if needed, add more.
- When water almost evaporated and tomatoes/mangoes are soft and pulpy, your chutney is done. The flowness of chutney is also upto you, if you want thin chutney, then keep more gravy.
- Your chutney is ready to serve, don't serve it hot, serve in room temperature or warm. You can also keep it refrigerator for 1/2 an hour before serving and serve.
Sending these two yummy sweet & sour relishes to
Srivalli's Mango Mela.